Recent Blog Posts
- Keep Fighting Eric!
- What does Google Trends tell us about Spinal Cord Injury?
- Join the Cure Warriors - Great U2FP video
- 2011 Chicago Marathon Summary
- The Patient: The Person at the Center of My Care
- Study Shows US Health Care System Fails to Meet Needs of those with Spinal Cord Injury
- Budget Cuts Reduce Disabled Transit
- New Jersey State to Cut Spinal Cord Injury Research Funds
- Recent Study on US Health Care System Performance
- Good Article on Making Babies After SCI
Support Angela Brereton in the 2010 Chicago Marathon
Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon 2009
Denver Marathon 2010
Marathon Time Goal:
Some may say I have an addictive personality. So 3 years ago, after 35 years of smoking I decided to quit and embark on a healthier lifestyle. I began running and since then it's safe to say it's become my new addiction. I have completed 2 marathons to-date and after watching my sons run Chicago on various occasions I also wanted to complete this race. My son Joe ran for SCIS during last year's Chicago Marathon and as a believer in overcoming obstacles to improve oneself, I thought there was no better cause for my first Chicago Marathon...I can't wait.
Alternatively, mail general or athlete donations to:
Spinal Cord Injury Sucks, NFP
21 E. Huron St. Apt. 3205
Chicago, IL 60611