Recent Blog Posts
- Keep Fighting Eric!
- What does Google Trends tell us about Spinal Cord Injury?
- Join the Cure Warriors - Great U2FP video
- 2011 Chicago Marathon Summary
- The Patient: The Person at the Center of My Care
- Study Shows US Health Care System Fails to Meet Needs of those with Spinal Cord Injury
- Budget Cuts Reduce Disabled Transit
- New Jersey State to Cut Spinal Cord Injury Research Funds
- Recent Study on US Health Care System Performance
- Good Article on Making Babies After SCI
Support Ted Donat in the 2011 Chicago Marathon
Marathon Time Goal:
Reason for SCIS:
After the 2004 Chicago Marathon, I swore I would never, ever, ever run another marathon. Then, on a ski trip four years ago, I was a witness to the trauma of Geoff's spinal cord injury...that's a day I'll never be able to forget. Since then, Geoff has been an inspiration of how to take a tough situation, and use it for the betterment of others. Four years ago, I knew nothing about spinal cord injuries. Of course, I figured they sucked but I didn't know that all it takes to cure is funding of the available research. So many can't run due to a curable disease, which means I'm running my second marathon in order to help them run their first.
Use the PayPal box above to donate. Alternatively, mail general or athlete donations to:
Spinal Cord Injury Sucks, NFP (SCIS)
400 W Ontario St Apt 1801
Chicago, IL 60654
|Paper Check Donations|
|Michael and Rebecca W.||$500|