Recent Blog Posts
- Keep Fighting Eric!
- What does Google Trends tell us about Spinal Cord Injury?
- Join the Cure Warriors - Great U2FP video
- 2011 Chicago Marathon Summary
- The Patient: The Person at the Center of My Care
- Study Shows US Health Care System Fails to Meet Needs of those with Spinal Cord Injury
- Budget Cuts Reduce Disabled Transit
- New Jersey State to Cut Spinal Cord Injury Research Funds
- Recent Study on US Health Care System Performance
- Good Article on Making Babies After SCI
Join Team SCIS for the 2013 Chicago Marathon
The remaining 15,000 entries into the 2013 Chicago Marathon will be allocated via a lottery. Those granted entries will find out on Tuesday March 12th. The best way to join Team SCIS is via the open registration process, so if you are lucky on the 12th we hope to have you on Team SCIS 2013
Join Spinal Cord Injury Sucks (SCIS) at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Our name is our best recruiting tool -- Spinal Cord Injury Sucks -- thanks to the efforts of Team SCIS at five Chicago Marathons in a row, people have started to take notice! Runners choose us because they like our name and this awful condition has touched their lives in some way. Train with a purpose and let people know on October 13, 2013.
- Raise money for spinal cord injury cure research and advocacy for a charity with no paid employees-- SCIS is run entirely by volunteers who passionately fight for the 4 million Americans who suffer with some degree of paralysis. Raising money for SCIS ensures that the dollars donated by your friends, family and coworkers in this difficult economic environment have the most impact. SCIS runs lean and mean, just like you.
- As a member of Team SCIS 2013, you are part of something special that began at the Chicago Marathon and gains momentum every year-- The first Team SCIS was only 7 athletes in 2008. Five marathons and nearly 150 participants later, we've dedicated over $400,000 directly to spinal cord injury research and advocacy. We have an expression: "Once a member of Team SCIS, always a member of Team SCIS." Our former athletes are our best recruiters.
- Awesome SCIS race gear for the big day-- Unlike other charities, we provide high-quality, sleek racing gear for the big day. We want you to look, and perform, your best!
- Expert marathon tips and training-- SCIS will sponsor your training through CARA (Chicago Area Runner's Association) who organizes training programs and group runs throughout the Chicago summer. You'll have one of the largest running communities providing answers for all types of marathon-related inquiries including diet, training and injury care/prevention.
- SCIS Post Race Party-- Invite your friends, family and donors to celebrate your big accomplishment at the best Sunday afternoon charity post-race party in Chicago!
- Become Part of History-- Explore the lore and history of SCIS at past Chicago Marathons
Team SCIS Members in 2012
Ready to lace up?
If you want to join Team SCIS 2013:
- Runners who already have an entry into the 2013 Chicago Marathon - We would love to have you on Team SCIS. Click here to signup for more information on how to join our cause.
- Runners who are looking for an entry into the 2013 Chicago Marathon Click here to learn about how you can get one of our coveted post-close entries into the race on Team SCIS by meeting our fundraising requirement.